Good Order and Discipline
The Knowledge Schools aims to provide quality education and inculcating sound moral and social values among the students. The school has the primary responsibility to facilitate the environment which is congenial to learning. On the other hand, the students may have tendencies to deviate from their main objectives and transgress their disciplinary obligations. The following rules of good order and discipline will therefore be in force:
- Students should be neatly dressed in school uniform and should have well managed hair.
- Students should maintain good personal hygiene and keep their fingernails trimmed and clean.
- Students are not allowed to leave school premises without the permission of competent authority.
- Leave application should be endorsed by parents and submitted in advance.
- Cheating, stealing, scuffling with fellow students, telling lies, misbehaving are all breach of discipline.
- Students are not allowed to wear jewelry or bring large sums of money, or drugs, photographs, magazines, CDs, camera, radio set, cell phone, or weapon to school.
- Writing letters to fellow students or receiving uncalled for mails in the school is deemed objectionable.
- Students should be respectful to the school staff and must communicate any concerns to the teachers or Principal.
Role of Parents
- Education of children is the joint responsibility of parents/guardians and the school. Considering the role of parents/guardians in this regard following guidelines are important to follow:
- Parents are to provide a congenial atmosphere to their children/wards at home for their studies and ensure that they do their homework regularly.
- The parents/guardians should keep in touch with the school, so as to keep abreast of the performance of their children/wards in academics and other activities.
- They must attend parent-teacher meetings.
- They are required to cooperate with the institution in matters regarding discipline, uniform, attendance, punctuality, and general behavior of their children.
- They are to ensure that their children/wards fully abide by the school rules and regulations.
- They must keep checking up on their children with respect to their performance in tests and examinations.
- They are to abide by the policies and regulations of the institution with respect to educational methods, promotions/detentions and sendups for the BISE examinations.
- Parents/guardians are not to send their children/wards to school in case they are suffering from any contagious disease.
- They are to make complaints, if any, directly to principal and not to the teacher concerned.
- They are not to visit classrooms and academic blocks during the school hours.
- They are to read and sign any notice, rules and regulations and written warnings sent or intimated to them by the institution.
- They are to ensure timely payment of school dues.